- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups sesame seeds, slightly roasted
- For the dough, mix together the warm water, milk, olive oil, honey, and yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add in the flour & salt, knead, cover, and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 balls. Roll out each ball into as 12″ strand. (look at pictures below)
- For each simit, take 2 strands, twist them together & shape them into a circle.
- On a plate, mix together the molasses, water, and flour.
- Place the roasted sesame seeds on another plate.
- Dip each simit in the molasses mixture on each side, then dip it in the sesame seeds on each side.
- Place the simits on a parchment paper lined baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes at 450, then turn down the heat to 400 and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.