- 1 cup milk, warm
- 1/2 tsp ground saffron
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (for gluten free flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 28 raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix together the milk, saffron, honey and yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add in the remaining dough ingredients. Knead, cover, and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 14 pieces. Roll each piece into a 12″ long strand.
- Roll each strand into an S-shape.
- Cover and let the buns rise for another hour.
- Place 2 raisins & brush the egg wash on each bun.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400.