- 1 cup water, warm
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 10 oz smoked salmon
- Your favorite sliced cheese; 6 slices
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pesto — or try this one here!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 egg, mixed
- Mix all of the dough ingredients together, knead well, and cover. Let it rise for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, about 7 x 12 inches.
- Spread the pesto over the dough, followed by the cheese, salmon and spinach.
- Roll up the dough longways, then slice into 6 pieces. Each slice should be about 2 inches thick.
- Place the rolls into greased ramekins, cover and let them rise for another hour.
- Brush the egg wash on the rolls, and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.