- 4 green apples, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (for GF flours)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Mix together the apple ingredients in a small bowl.
- For the batter, beat together the sugar, eggs, and sour cream. Add in the remaining ingredients & mix together.
- Place half of the apples in a well-greased or parchment paper lined springform pan.
- Add half of the batter, followed by the remaining apples, and then the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you might need more time!
- Let the cake sit for 15 minutes before taking it out of the pan. Dust with powdered sugar.