A delightful snack to enjoy with family & friends! Makes 8 servings.
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour (I personally used 1 cup all-purpose GF flour & 1 cup almond flour; it was nice & soft!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup honey (or 3/4 cup sugar)
- 2 cups oil
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- Mix all of the dough ingredients together.
- Note: In Turkey (and Eastern Europe!) the cottage cheese does not contain liquid like it does in the States. I recommend adding an additional 1/2 cup of flour if you are using a cottage cheese that contains liquid.
- Form the doughnuts into 8 balls. Refrigerate them for 20 minutes.
- Use 3/4 of the dough from each ball to form into a ring shape, and the remaining 1/4 of the dough for doughnut holes.
- Over medium-high heat, fry the doughnuts for 2 minutes on each side & place on a paper towel lined plate for the grease to drain.
- Top with some sour cream & jam, and enjoy while warm!