- 2 onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 roasted pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 28 oz grated tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 3 large radishes, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- For meat sauce, saute onions, carrots, celery & pepper in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt & basil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend meat sauce with an immersion blender & pour into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl mix all vegetables, olive oil, thyme, salt, and garlic together.
- Carefully line the vegetables across the top of the meat sauce in any design you desire!
- Bake at 185 for 3 hours, then bake at 375 for an additional 45 minutes.