- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pomegranate concentrate
- 1 cup meat broth
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Fry the onions in oil until golden brown. Remove the onions and set aside.
- Place the walnuts in the food processor, and add cold water while processing the walnuts. Blend until it becomes a fine paste.
- Add the chicken to the same pot used for frying the onions. Place the onions on top of the chicken.
- Place the walnut mixture on top of the onions, then add the spices, pomegranate concentrate & meat broth.
- Bring to a boil & simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for another 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top & enjoy!
Serve with rice. I like to add some cinnamon, cumin & barberries to my rice with this dish.