- 1 whole chicken + salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup barberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Salt & pepper the chicken.
- Saute the onion for 5 minutes in butter.
- Add in the walnuts, barberries, raisins, salt, pepper & 1/2 cup of the plum jam.
- Place the onion mixture inside of the chicken.
- Brush the remaining plum jam on top of the chicken.
- Roast the chicken at 375 for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, until completely cooked.
**Serve over saffron rice & fried potatoes, and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top!**