- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp paprika
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 pounds Mostaccioli pasta, cooked & drained
- 56 oz grated tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Fry up the ground beef, ground sage, paprika, garlic and onions in a Dutch oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spices, and fresh herbs. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Mix in 4 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, and the cooked noodles.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1 cup of parmesan cheese and butter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Serve with some rosemary garlic rolls.