- 2 cups bone broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients.
- For the lentils, heat oil & butter over medium heat and saute onions for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and the sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- (OPTIONAL) Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
**Tastes delicious with plain white rice and roasted broccoli!**