My favorite dessert that is served throughout the former Soviet countries! Enjoy my gluten & processed sugar free version!
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pounds sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered Swerve or powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Leftover crumbs from baked cakes
- Strawberries & blueberries
- Melt the honey and butter over low-medium heat, and stir for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the eggs quickly.
- Add in the salt, baking soda, cinnamon and flour.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, and roll into thin circles about 1/4″ thick.
- Using a 9″ springform pan or a plate, place it over the dough and cut into circles.
- Place the scrap pieces to the side, and bake the 9″ circles for 5 minutes each at 350.
- Bake all the scraps at the end until golden brown. Once cool, run them through the food processor to use as crumbs for the topping.
- Mix all of the frosting ingredients together, and refrigerate until all of the cake layers are room temperature.
- Add 3 heaping tablespoons of the frosting to each cake layer, and begin to stack them.
- Frost the top and sides of your cake, then pat crumbs onto the surface of the cake. Top with berries.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.