Makes two loaves!
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried orange peel, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried pineapples, chopped
- 1/2 cup rum or whiskey
- 1 1/4 cups warm milk
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 – 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp psyllium husk (for gluten free flour)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups swerve (or powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup swerve (or powdered sugar)
- The night before you bake this bread, mix the dried fruits & alcohol together. Cover & let it soak overnight.
- For the dough, mix together the milk, yeast, and 2 tbsp honey. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining dough ingredients. Knead & cover to rise for an hour.
- Blend marzipan ingredients together in a food processor. Shape into 2 logs, about a foot long & an inch wide.
- Add the fruit mixture to the dough, and mix well. Divide the dough into 2 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a rectangle, about 12″ x 7″.
- Place the marzipan logs onto the left sides of each piece of dough. Fold the dough over once from the left, and once from the right.
- Cover & let the loaves rise for another hour.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350. Immediately brush melted butter on top and dust with powdered sugar.
**The longer the stollen sits, the better it tastes! Wrap in plastic wrap & aluminum foil, and let it sit for a week before eating!**