One of my favorite street foods of Central Asia!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (for gluten free flour)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 onions, finely diced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Mix the flour, water, psyllium husk & salt together.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, about 14″ long, and pour the melted butter over top.
- Roll up the dough & slice into 18 pieces. Chill the dough for a few hours.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together.
- Roll out each of the 18 pieces of dough into circles about 6″ wide.
- Place 1 tbsp of the filling into the middle of each piece of dough.
- Form the dough into a triangle shape & place on a parchment paper lined baking tray, folded side down.
- Brush the egg yolk on top & sprinkle black sesame seeds as garnish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375.